Blundells Cottage is a heritage-listed six-roomed stone cottage located on the northern shore of Lake Burley Griffin. It was built by George Campbell for his ploughman William Ginn and was subsequently inhabited by Flora and George Blundell. It continued to be occupied until 1958 well after Canberra became the capital of Australia despite having no electricity. It is now a museum.
The Australian War Memorial is Australia’s national memorial to the members of its armed forces and supporting organisations who have died or participated in wars involving the Commonwealth of Australia, and some conflicts involving personnel from the Australian colonies prior to Federation.